EMU-300 MCB circuit breaker tester
Electronic AC Current Injector up to 300A
The EMU-300 is a completely electronic unit.
The following gives more details of this testing unit:
- Complete computer control with its corresponding software and communication board, RS-485. The program has the possibility to control up to 15 units at the same time.
- The unit generates a digital wave form, from a oscillating quartz and adjust this wave in 1024 point/cycle which insures the exact frequency and very low distortion.
- The reference amplitude in d.c. and the selection by a DAC of 12 bits, allows a continued feedback, comparing the output level with the reference and activates a signal which controls the power amplifier, to insure a perfect stabilized and accurate output, even though there are variations in the load, power supply, etc.
- The power module is compact, with forced ventilation and contains an auto power switch which gives the maximum power required in relation to the load. This achieves a very efficient output and low dissipation.
- The transformer load coupled to the power amplifier, allows an galvanic insulation and perfect joining of this load.
- Computer control of an external element up to 220V (ex. auxiliary contact).
- The unit contains an output overload, thermal, and auxiliary power supply alarms as well as a connector for an d.c. measuring instrument, for easy verification.
- Regulation 0 – 300A a.c.
- Nominal power: 300VA.
- Can be connected in parallel.
- Input for external phase and/or frecuency reference.
- Computer controlled by serial port RS-485 (adapted to RS-232).
- Overload, overheating alarm leds.
- Rack mounting 19″ (482 mm).
- Accuracy: ±1%.
- Distortion: <1%.
- To test small circuit breakers.
- Calibration of shunts and measurement instruments.
- To test thermic relays which require a long duration.
- Overheating test.